Every day for the month of June, I will host a genre-based writing prompt. You can use the photo provided as part of the story or as inspiration; it’s up to you–just have fun!
Today’s challenge: Golden Shovel poem
From the Writer’s Digest, the rules for a golden shovel are:
- Take a line (or lines) from a poem you admire.
- Use each word in the line (or lines) as an end word in your poem.
- Keep the end words in order.
- Give credit to the poet who originally wrote the line (or lines).
- The new poem does not have to be about the same subject as the poem that offers the end words.